Cher Lloyd - Cher Lloyd Is 'strange' Pop Star

Cher Lloyd picture

Cher Lloyd admits she's a ''strange'' pop star and finds it hard to define herself.

Cher Lloyd admits she's a ''strange'' pop star.

The 'Want U Back' singer finds it hard to define herself and says being different is something she's used to.

She said: ''I could not categorise myself at all. I stick out like a sore thumb, I have since school. I'm like the weirdo at school that everybody stares at and is like, what is she wearing, what is she doing? That's me, strange.''

But Cher - who shot to fame on the 2012 series of the UK edition of 'The X Factor' - says she's happy to be different and always encourages her fans to stand out from the crowd.

She told MTV: ''I always like to tell my fans it's better to stick out than blend in. I feel like my fans are like that, they like to stick out, they like to cause a scene and I love that, don't blend in, try and stand out.''

However, the 19-year-old star admits it took some time getting used to her name because she's always being compared to the other famous Cher.

She said: ''It's took me a long time to like my name because there's already a Cher out there and she's very good at what she does and very successful as well. It's tough because she's like the ultimate Cher and I'm just like the little new one, so I Hope she doesn't mind us having the same name because that's not my fault, that's my mum and dad's fault, not mine. Take it up with them.''


Comments