Cher Lloyd: I stick out like a sore thumb

X Factor star Cher Lloyd has said she has trouble describing her musical style and admits she sticks out like a sore thumb.

When asked by MTV to describe her music, the Swagger Jagger star said: I could not categorise myself at all.

I stick out like a sore thumb, I have since school. I'm like the weirdo at school that everybody stares at and is like, 'what is she wearing, what is she doing?' That's me, strange.

Although her music and dress sense have caused people to give her a hard time, most recently when she was pelted with bottles of wee at V festival, the 19-year-old has always encouraged her fans who she likes to call Bratz to be themselves.

I always like to tell my fans it's better to stick out than blend in. I feel like my fans are like that, they like to stick out, they like to cause a scene and I love that, don't blend in, try and stand out, Cher explained.

The little, new Cher

CherThe original Cher

One thing Chers said shed quite like is to have a unique name to go with her stand out style.

It took me a long time to like my name because there's already a Cher out there and she's very good at what she does and very successful as well," Cher said of the Turn Back Time legend, who she's named after.

It's tough because she's like the ultimate Cher and I'm just like the little, new one, so I hope she doesn't mind us having the same name because that's not my fault, that's my mum and dad's fault, not mine. Take it up with them.


Comments