Cher Lloyd: "I Stick Out Like A Sore Thumb"

16:16, Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Cher Lloyd has told MTV News that she can't describe her musical style because she "sticks out like a sore thumb."

When asked to describe her sound, the With Ur Love singer - who shot to fame on the 2010 series of The X Factor - stated: "I could not categorise myself at all.

"I stick out like a sore thumb, I have since school. I'm like the weirdo at school that everybody stares at and is like, what is she wearing, what is she doing? That's me, strange."

Although Lloyd says her distinctiveness has caused some ridicule, she encourages her fans (or, as she likes to call them, Bratz) to follow her lead and be themselves.

Cher explained: "I always like to tell my fans it's better to stick out than blend in. I feel like my fans are like that, they like to stick out, they like to cause a scene and I love that, don't blend in, try and stand out."

Even with her self-confident attitude, there was always one thing about herself that took some getting used to...her first name.

"It's took me a long time to like my name because there's already a Cher out there and she's very good at what she does and very successful as well," Lloyd said of the pop icon.

"It's tough because she's like the ultimate Cher and I'm just like the little new one, so I hope she doesn't mind us having the same name because that's not my fault, that's my mom and dad's fault, not mine. Take it up with them."

Now that she has found the confidence to share her name with Cher, would Lloyd ever consider changing it? "No, I wouldn't want to change my name, I think it suits me," she replied.

Over the weekend, the 19-year old w! alked off stage during her set at V Festival in Chelmsford after bottles of urine were thrown at her.

The likes of Professor Green and Example have since stuck up for the star, with Pro branding those responsible "f**king disgusting."

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311


Comments