One Direction, Cher Lloyd and More: 10 Things Heard Backstage at Jingle Ball in NYC

Harry Styles One Direction z100 jingle ball 2012 P

Getty Images

At Madison Square Garden, Taylor Swift sang duets with B.o.B. and Ed Sheeran, and Lindsay Lohan watched The Wanted sing Glad You Came for the third time in a week. While Justin Bieber, fun., Ne-Yo and B.o.B. appeased audiences on Friday night at Z100's Jingle Ball 2012, performers and presenters revealed their holiday wishes and 2013 hopes to reporters on the red carpet. Here are 10 things The Hollywood Reporter heard:

1. Since the boys of One Direction are heading home for the holidays, dont expect Christmas decorations on their tour bus. It gets decorated with rubbish and mess and Louis [Tomlinson] shoes everywhere, with clothes and whatever else -- its quite messy! Harry Styles told reporters.

2. When asked about faux-kissing Dustin Hoffman on TheLate Show with David Letterman, One Direction'sNiall Horan responded, Yeah, it was a little bit strange, but hes really a funny guy. As for their favorite carols, he prefers White Christmas, Zayn Malik loves Last Christmas by Wham! and Louis Tomlinson loves Mariah Careys All I Want for Christmas.

STORY:Taylor Swift Previews 'Red' Tour, One Direction Dominates, Justin Bieber Goes Shirtless at Z100 Jingle Ball

3. Of the many tattoos Cher Lloyd has, her favorite is a tear-filled eye on the inside of her left wrist. Before this point in my life, I cried so much, I get hurt by everything, she told reporters. Id read something about myself and Id cry, or Id see a picture and I look terrible, and I cried. Id ball my eyes out. But now, I dont cry. I just feel like Ive got a tougher skin.

4. Lloyds New Year's resolution? I really want to go and get my teeth done I want this gap gone! I feel so terrible, its horrible. I look at pictures and Im like, that wouldve been great if I didnt look so goofy!

5. Sheeran revealed that surprise, surprise the song he penned for One Direction is also inspired by his ex-girlfriend. Every single love song Ive done is about her, but this is one that she doesnt know its about hernow she knows! he told reporters of Little Things. I gave that to the boys about two months ago, and within a month, it was number one in the U.K. So I didnt expect it to happen, but its cool!

STORY:The Wanted's Max George on Lindsay Lohan: 'Were Probably Not the Best Influence'

6. The Grammy-nominated singer of The A Team doesnt mind when pe! ople misp! ronounce his name and was once listed on a flyer as Edd Sherrington. The first time I met Elton John, he called me Ed SheerAN, and I was like, I cant, I cant say it to him!

7. Olly Murs of The X Factor (UK) and Xtra Factor is looking for someone to kiss under the mistletoe this Christmas. If theres any single ladies out there, then call me! he said. Murs shared that his favorite holiday tradition is roasting chestnuts on the open fire, and then sang a few measures of The Christmas Song."

8. To those shopping for a Christmas present for the Troublemaker singer, hes got a specific request: New briefs! New pairs of boxer shorts! I need some more, Murssaid. If you could let Santa know, thatd be amazing.

VIDEO:Taylor Swift Attempts to Beatbox

9. Before presenting, Olympic gymnastJordyn Wieber shared how Shawn Johnson reacted after losing Dancing With The Stars to Melissa Rycroft. We talked to her right after the show and we were definitely very happy for her for coming in second, thats such an accomplishment in itself, Wieber said. I think she took it pretty well. She had high expectations for herself; I know she wanted to win, but I think she did amazing.

10. As Wieber prepares to headline Teen Choice Live! The Tour with teammates Gabby Douglas and Aly Raisman, shes not outlawing the possibility of following in Johnsons footsteps to the ballroom stage. When asked if shed ever participate in DWTS, she said, Absolutely. If I got that opportunity, I would take it in a heartbeat!"

Twitter: @THR! Music!


Comments