Cheryl Cole: "Cher Lloyd Needs To Learn A Lot"

11:57, Monday, 30 April 2012

Cheryl Cole has once again hit out at her X Factor protg Cher Lloyd, stating in an interview that the teenager "needs to learn a lot."

Cole's comments come after her war of words with the Swagger Jagger singer, after Lloyd accused Chezza of miming and using auto-tune during her live performances.

Despite the 18-year old later issuing an apology to Cole, the Girls Aloud star has now described Cher's remarks as a "slap in the face", telling GQ magazine: "She's new. She needs to learn a lot.

"I went through hell to get her on that programme. Even with Simon. Everyone says stuff at the beginning of their career that they will learn to regret."

In one final dig at Cher, the 28-year old claimed: "It's disappointing because I fought for her. Maybe I didn't teach her as well as I thought I had."

In the same interview, the Call My Name singer also shed some light on her public sacking from The X Factor USA, stating she was a victim of former boss Simon Cowell's 'cut throat' business moves.

Chezza also quashed rumours suggesting she was given the boot because of her Geordie accent - stating her North East twang had 'nothing to do with' her shock exit.

Addressing her US XF departure, Cole stated: "What I will say is that business is not a nice area. And you might say that I am a business woman, but I'm not into cut throat business moves.

"Me leaving the show was nothing to do with my accent. I work with Americans all the time."

Cheryl then went on to reveal that she started speaking to SiCo again after she blew up an effigy of the music mogul during her visit to Afghanistan.

The Promise This hitmaker explained: "The troops in Afghanistan thought it would be funny to dress one of the test dummies as Simon and blow him up in front of me.

"It felt great actually. When I landed back in England there was a message from Simon - "Hello Cheryl. So now you've blown me up in Afghanistan, can we talk" - and we did."

She added: "I'm not one of those people who holds a grudge about anything and I know exactly what went down."

As well as talking about Cher and SiCo, Cole also speaks about her lack of a sex life and her desire to become a mother for the first time.

You can read more from Cheryl's interview and see her sizzling photoshoot in GQ magazine, when it hits shops on 3rd May.

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311


Comments