Cher Lloyd Hits Back At Critics Insisting 'I'm Not Too Young To Marry'

WENN.comWENN.com

Cher Lloyd has hit back at critics who say she is too young to get married, citing her gypsy background as a reason to walk down the aisle.

The 'X Factor' alumni got engaged to hairdresser boyfriend Craig Monk, 22 last year and has been pretty outspoken about wanting to tie the knot as soon as possible. Depite her tender years Cher insists she is ready to take the big step, no matter what others think.

Speaking to the Daily Mirror, the 18-year-old says:

"People might think I'm too young because I'm 18 but they can say what they want,"

"I'm from a gypsy background and you're meant to get married at 18."

She's got a point there. Cher has famously been very open about her gypsy past and she's seems sure that she's found the right man:

"I love Craig and he makes me happy. I know I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him. I've been through a lot over the past few years and I deserve to have some happiness."

Aw, here's hoping Cher gets her fairytale wedding soon!

PHOTOS: Cher Lloyd Shows Off Her Short Hair As She Tries To Crack America

Chris Brown 'Isn't Upset' About Model Split Because He's 'Still In Love' With RihannaHarry Styles, Louis Tomlinson 'Gay Affair' Tearing One Direction ApartRob! ert Patt inson And Kristen Stewart Are 'Boring People For their Age'

Comments