Cher Lloyd Insists Demi Lovato 'Make Wise Decisions' On 'X Factor'

Cher Lloyd is no stranger to talent competitions. As a matter of fact, the 19-year-old from Malvern, Worcestershire, contended in "The X Factor" U.K. back in 2010 and is making her mentoring debut as a guest judge next Friday (October 19) on Disney's "Make Your Mark: Shake It Up Dance Off" here in the States. So, with all of this experience under her belt, what words of wisdom, you might ask, does the "Want U Back" singer have for "X Factor" newbies Britney Spears and Demi Lovato?

"I'm not a very good advice giver but I'd say definitely be true to who you are and be truthful," Lloyd told MTV News. "These kids are coming on this talent contest, you know, you have their dreams in your hands. So, make wise decisions."

While promoting her new album Sticks & Stones Stateside, Lloyd has been keeping up with U.S. version of the show. And even though the teams were just announced during Wednesday's two-hour episode, Lloyd is already seeing promise from both of the singing sensations.

"I didn't really know Demi before," she explained. "I feel that, to me, she seems like a true artist, and I respect that, and I think Britney is always going to be Britney. She was amazing back then and she's still amazing now."

If given the opportunity to relive her "X Factor" days, Lloyd said, out of the four current panelists, Lovato would be the mentor she would want to work with most.

"I have a strong! feeling she gets what people around my age are into, you know, how we want to progress, and I think that's why she was chosen to be a judge," she said.

Who is your favorite "X Factor" judge? Sound off in the comments below!


Comments