Cher Lloyd - Cher Lloyd Keen To Crack America, Signs Record Deal With L.A Reid

Cher Lloyd 's trip to the U.S. has proved a hugely successful one for the young star, the 18 year-old returning to UK shores with a record deal under her belt. Lloyd came fourth in the 2010 final of 'X Factor UK' and went on to score a UK Singles Chart Number One earlier this year with the hugely popular 'Swagger Jagger' - her subsequent debut album taking fourth spot in the UK Album Charts upon release last month.

Missing from Lloyd's achievements thus far in her fledgling career is recognition over in the States, but that now looks set to change after the star revealed that she'd signed to L.A Reid's Epic label to the Bbc. Reid is, of course, one of the judges on the American equivalent of 'X Factor', and has a huge reputation having helped stars including Usher, Mariah Carey, Rihanna and Jay Z to multi-platinum selling sales in the past.

"I went over to America to do some more recording and stuff like that and now I'm signed to Epic with L.A. Reid," Lloyd explained, going on to proudly elaborate on what the music mogul sees in her. "He finds me quite funny. He said that I am very outgoing, and I say what I want and sometimes it comes out before I get to think about what's going to come out of my mouth and he likes that. He just said that I'm really fresh and he's very excited." Lloyd was beaten by Matt Cardle in the 2010 'X Factor UK', his debut album debuted at number two on release in the UK in October.


Comments