Cher Lloyd Signs US Record Deal With L.A. Reid

10:32, Monday, 19 December 2011

Cher Lloyd may not have won The X Factor last year, but the pint-sized popstar has now signed a lucrative US record deal with Epic Records.

Lloyd has impressed Epic label boss L.A. Reid, who recently stated he believed the Swagger Jagger hitmaker will be "a massive star" in America.

The X Factor USA judge, who appears on the US series alongside Cher's UK boss Simon Cowell, apparently likes the 18-year old's gobby attitude and has tipped Lloyd for big things Stateside.

Speaking to The Sun, Cher revealed: "He finds me quite funny. He said I am very outgoing and I say what I want and he likes that.

"He told me that I'm really fresh and he's very excited. With the USA, I'm not going to run before I can walk.

She added: "It's quite a big thing to try and achieve but you never know what's going to happen."

It is now thought that Lloyd's team are looking for new songs for the With Ur Love singer to record, as they're not entirely confident in the current material featured on debut LP, Sticks + Stones.

Congratulations Cher!

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311


Comments