L.A Reid: "Cher Lloyd Will Be A Massive Star In America"

12:45, Tuesday, 13 December 2011

The X Factor USA judge L.A Reid has backed the Blighty's very own Cher Lloyd for huge success in America next year.

Reid, who has helped the likes of Justin Bieber, Rihanna and Mariah Carey to become huge worldwide stars, revealed on an US XF pre-show: "Listen, you need to know that [Cher Lloyd] will be a massive star in America. Watch out. Cher Lloyd, watch it."

In response to L.A's comments, the 2010 XF finalist said: "It's a bit crazy because I don't expect anyone to know who I am because I live in the UK."

Lloyd continued: "I'm from The X Factor and I came fourth. It's crazy and it gives me a lot of hope."

Cher, who is planning to unleash her debut album Sticks + Stones in North America next year, also claimed she's currently unsure whether her debut UK single Swagger Jagger will be her first release Stateside.

The 18-year old added: "I'm not sure yet, but I'm still recording. I'm starting to record tomorrow."

Earlier this month, Lloyd was forced to deny rumours that she was engaged to boyfriend Craig Monk, after she was spotted sporting a sparkler on her engagement ring finger.

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311


Comments