Cher Lloyd signs US record deal with LA Reid's Epic label

Cher Lloyd has signed a US record deal with LA Reid's Epic label, the singer has announced.

The 'Swagger Jagger' singer revealed during an interview on BBC Breakfast that she agreed to a record contract with Epic during a recent trip to the States.

Cher Lloyd
The X Factor USA Premiere: L.A. Reid

PA Images / Chris Pizzello/AP

"I went over to America to do some more recording and stuff like that and now I'm signed to Epic with LA Reid," Lloyd declared during the chat.

Lloyd went on to suggest that she greatly impressed X Factor USA judge Reid during the recent meetings.

"He finds me quite funny," the popstar beamed. "He said that I am very outgoing, and I say what I want and sometimes it comes out before I get to think about what's going to come out of my mouth and he likes that. He just said that I'm really fresh and he's very excited."

She added of her attempt to become a success in America: "I'm not going to run before I can walk. It's quite a big thing to try and achieve, but you never know what's going to happen."

Epic Records executive Reid has previously praised Lloyd by predicting that she will become a superstar in the US.

Lloyd's debut album Sticks + Stones was released in November, reaching the Top 5 of the UK album chart. The LP has spawned the UK No.1 single 'Swagger Jagger' and the follow-up 'With Ur Love', which features Mike Posner.

Earlier this week, Lloyd premiered a music video for her song 'Dub on the Track'.

> Cher Lloyd: 'I'm going to wear a tracksuit to the Brit Awards'
> Cher Lloyd adds more dates to UK 2012 tour

Watch Cher Lloyd's 'With Ur Love' music video below:


Comments