Cher Lloyd will be huge in the US, says 'X Factor's LA Reid

LA Reid has tipped Cher Lloyd for huge US success in 2012.

The 18-year-old plans to release her debut album Sticks + Stones in North America sometime in 2012 and is currently recording new material to include on the re-tweaked collection.

Cher Lloyd
The X Factor USA Premiere: L.A. Reid

PA Images / Chris Pizzello/AP

Speaking to The X Factor USA pre-show, LA Reid stated: "Listen, you need to know that [Cher Lloyd] will be a massive star in America. Watch out. Cher Lloyd, watch it."

Asked what it felt like to hear Reid make those comments, Lloyd said: "It's a bit crazy because I don't expect anyone to know who I am because I live in the UK."

She continued: "I'm from The X Factor and I came fourth. It's crazy and it gives me a lot of hope."

When questioned whether 'Swagger Jagger' would be first US single, Lloyd replied: "I'm not sure yet, but I'm still recording. I'm starting to record tomorrow."

Lloyd's Sticks + Stones reached number four on the UK chart upon its release last month.

> Cher Lloyd: "I had to realise that my attitude stunk"

Watch LA Reid and Cher Lloyd's interview on The X Factor USA pre-show below:


Comments