Cher Lloyd Admits: "I Was An Absolute B*tch"

12:58, Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Cher Lloyd has stated that she was an "absolute b*tch" after first appearing on The X Factor in 2010.

The Want U Back singer, who is currently taking America by storm, has told The Sun she has grown up a lot since emerging from the ITV talent show.

She recalled: "I was an absolute b*tch. I raise my hands up to it. I was aggressive, I was cocky.

"I put my foot in it. I built up this big persona of 'I'm the bees knees' and then I had to deal with it and pick up the pieces."

Lloyd continued: "It wasn't the person I am - I put it on because I was terrified every single day that I was on the TV show.

"I read the papers and I looked online and I almost didn't believe it was me. I got more and more frustrated and I wouldn't do interviews."

She added: "I was a nightmare. I was aggressive and I thought the whole world was against me and I don't know why. It was weird."

The 18-year old also went on to state that she was surprised by the amount of people who turned up to watch her perform on US programme, The Today Show.

The star revealed: "I could not believe that that many people would come out and watch me sing in America. I couldn't get over it.

"I thought we'd be doing the performance inside, just for TV with no audience. The day before I got a phone call saying there were girls camping outside and they had decided I would be doing it o! utside."

Cher explained: "I went across the whole of America on a bus, doing five or six radio stations a day. It was tough, but to go over to a massive country like the US, that knows nothing about you, and to be successful, it makes me think, 'You're all right, don't beat yourself up, you're doing okay'."

The Swagger Jagger hitmaker added: "I feel content and I'm happy. Would I be happier at home or out there travelling the world making music? It's a no-brainer, I should be grateful. And now I am."

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311


Comments