Cher Lloyd - Cher Lloyd: I Was Aggressive, Cocky, And A B*tch

Cher Lloyd say she was an "absolute b*tch" during her time on The X Factor in 2010. The singer took the early stages of the competition by storm after a memorable first audition, though after apparently feuding with fellow contestants, the tabloid newspapers had a field day, and Lloyd cut an increasingly belligerent figure.

Recalling her time on the show, the 'Want U Back' singer told the The Sun newspaper, "I was an absolute b*tch. I raise my hands up to it. I was aggressive, I was cocky.I put my foot in it. I built up this big persona of 'I'm the bees knees' and then I had to deal with it and pick up the pieces". The 18-year-old, from Malvern, Worcestershire, eventually finished fourth on the competition though was considered a particularly unpopular contestant during the latter stages. She added, "I read the papers and I looked online and I almost didn't believe it was me. I got more and more frustrated and I wouldn't do interviews.I was a nightmare. I was aggressive and I thought the whole world was against me and I don't know why. It was weird". Though now a chart-topping pop-star, the haters were on-hand to bring Cher back down to earth during her appearance at the recent V Festival. She exited the stage after some audience members began pelting her with bottles of urine. Still, she didn't endure anything near as bad as Daphne and Celeste at the Reading and Leeds festival in 2000, who were continually bottled for the duration of their set.

Lloyd is currently attempting to break America, and was surprised by the amount of people who turned out to watch her perform on U.S. programme The Today Show, saying, "I could not believe that that many people would come out and watch me sing in America. I couldn't get over it", adding, "I thought we'd be doing the performance inside, just for TV with no audience. The day ! before I got a phone call saying there were girls camping outside and they had decided I would be doing it outside".


Comments