Cher Lloyd - Cher Lloyd: Me And One Direction Should Stick Together

As Cher Lloyd launched her new perfume, Pink Diamond, in London this week, the former X Factor contestant took the opportunity to praise another X Factor success story: One Direction. In an interview with Sugarscape, Lloyd explained that she reckons UK artists should stick together and took a moment to remind readers that she shares a record label with One Direction in the United Kingdom.

"I haven't seen them in a long time but when I go out there all my fans are always raving about them, it's great," says Cher. "We're on the same label in the UK and I think the UK artists should stick together. There's been a few incidents where sometimes you don't feel as if you've got a connection with a certain someone and then they go to America and they say something nasty about you. You think you're from the UK, why have you done that? The one thing I can say about One Direction is I feel like they're going to have a very long and successful career."

Whilst One Direction are preparing for their live performance at the 2012 Mtv Video Music Awards, however, Cher is still getting over a slightly less successful appearance on the UK festival circuit. The 19 year-old recently had a bottle of wee thrown at her during her set at V Festival. She has managed to remain pragmatic about the incident though and isn't going to let anyone rain on her parade: "I mean, there shouldn't be anything that's going to get me down. At the time I was upset about it, but the amount of support that artists have shown me and it's made me realise that it wasn't personal, it was actually something that happens to all the artists. I heard it happened to Beyonce. Now if that can happen to Beyonce, I don't know why it was a big deal about me."


Comments