Cher Lloyd: 'Cheryl Cole silence is a shame'

Cher Lloyd has said that it is "a shame" she is no longer in contact with Cheryl Cole.

The 'Swagger Jagger' singer was mentored by Cole when she competed on last year's X Factor. However, Lloyd has said that she has not been in contact with the Girls Aloud star since the series ended.

"No, I haven't really heard from her, which is a shame because we were quite close on the show," Lloyd told ITV's Daybreak. "But you know, things happen, it was a TV show and I don't expect people to have to keep in contact with me."

Cher Lloyd

Rex Features / Ken McKay/Rex Features

Lloyd recently admitted that she is "fed up of being asked" about Cole and The X Factor - which she returned to on Sunday night to perform her new single.

"It felt a little bit like I was back, properly back in the competition in a way," she said of performing on the stage again. "I had more nerves than what I did when I was back on the show. It was quite difficult to sort of hype myself up and get ready to just go out there and do a really good performance."

Cher Lloyd

Also discussing her debut album Sticks + Stones, Lloyd denied that she chose the title to hit back at her critics.

"Whe! n I was growing up my mum always did the whole 'sticks and stones' and 'whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger'," she recalled. "She used to say things like this to me and I just thought what a brilliant title - and I had that in my head for a long time and I knew that I wanted to use it.

"There were some 'ifs' and 'ahs' about it and people saying do you really want to call it that because it's a bit negative? But I like to look at it in a positive way."

Cher Lloyd's new single 'With Ur Love' is out now.

> Cher Lloyd: 'I'm scared of failing in America'
> Cher Lloyd: 'I nearly quit music career over public hate'

Watch Cher Lloyd's 'With Ur Love' music video below:


Comments