Cher Lloyd: 'I will gain credibility with new album Sticks + Stones'

Cher Lloyd

Cher Lloyd has claimed that the public's opinion of her will change after they listen to her new album.

The singer is currently preparing to release her debut record Sticks + Stones on November 7 and insisted that the material will give her credibility.

When asked by Digital Spy if she is working on becoming a credible artist, Lloyd responded: "Oh I think we're more than halfway there.

"Just let this album get out and I think a lot of people's opinions will change."

Talking about her album songs 'Grow Up' and 'Dub On The Track', she explained: "[They] are so different and I think they're going to shock a lot of people.

The X Factor: Results Show 4

"It's going to get everyone talking as well; it's dubstep. It's difficult to go into the world of dubstep when you come from a TV show like me.

"You are branded as a particular thing. With this album I don't think anyone can brand me."

The star also added that she will work hard to avoid the short-term career most X Factor acts have.

"This whole X Factor thing with people assuming I'm going to be a one-hit wonder - that won't happen with me," she said. "I'll make sure it doesn't happen to me."

Cher Lloyd's new single 'With Ur Love' is currently on course to top the UK chart this weekend.

> Cher Lloyd: 'I want to take X Factor's Johnny Robinson on tour'
> Cher Lloyd: 'I love people despising me'

Watch the music video for Cher Lloyd's 'With Ur Love' below:


Comments