Little Mix's Jesy: Cher Lloyd helped me beat the bullies

(BANG) -

Cher Lloyd helped Little Mix's Jesy Nelson deal with online bullies.

After the 20-year-old 'X Factor' hopeful received cruel jibes about her weight, the 'Swagger Jagger' hitmaker - who was a victim of internet abuse herself when she took part in the ITV1 show last year - called her up to offer some advice.

Jesy said: "Cher rang me up and she is so lovely. She gave me some really positive advice and told me that she got it all last year, so she knows what I'm going through.

"She told me not to listen to the negativity because if she had she wouldn't be where she is right now."

Jesy admitted she has now learnt to cope with negative comments with the help of her bandmates - Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Perrie Edwards and Jade Thirlwall - and is pleased with the support she has received from the public.

She added in an interview with Reveal magazine: "I was really upset when I first read the comments. But I've got my girls - they really support me, as do the public.

"And for every bad comment there are about 100 good ones, so I just try and ignore the bad stuff."

(C) BANG Media International

Comments