Cher Lloyd Admits She 'Owes Cheryl For Her Success'

13:03, Tuesday, 21 February 2012

Cher Lloyd has revealed she wasn't surprised that her X Factor mentor Cheryl Cole reacted to her recent comments on Twitter, apologising again on This Morning.

Last week, Lloyd seemed to make a dig at the Girls Aloud star, suggesting that Cheryl can't sing live, telling Real Radio North West that without the use of Auto-Tune it would be a "challenge" for the 28-year old to perform without it.

When asked if she would ever want to duet with Cole, the 18-year old stated: "Maybe, if she sings live with me... [it's] always [a challenge] nowadays when you haven't got that nifty little button to press."

Cheryl later appeared to hit back at Lloyd on Twitter, writing on her official page: "Be Careful who you kick on your way up .. They kick you twice as hard on your way back down.. #unappreciationisugly."

Lloyd then apologised on ITV1 breakfast show Daybreak, insisting that she never meant any harm with her comments, stating she felt her remarks had been "blown out of proportion."

Speaking of the incident yesterday (20th February), Che! r told T his Morning hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby: "I think I get too comfortable with just being myself. I forget that people are watching me.

"I think I really did put my foot in it and now I've realised that what I said was wrong, obviously, and I said sorry. And I think it got fully taken out of context, but I think I understand now that you need to be on form and be aware of what you're saying all the time."

When asked if she was surprised by Cheryl's reaction on the social-networking site, the Want U Back singer said: "No, I'm not too surprised, but it is what it is. I do owe her. But how I see it is The X Factor was a great platform for me and she really did help me and I'm very grateful.

"You know, I wouldn't say that I wasn't grateful for what she had given me - the opportunity that she had given me, putting me through and things like that - but I feel like from here, it's down to me to do as best as I possibly can."

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311


Comments