Cher Lloyd on how her life has changed: 'I'm a gypsy, I should be married by now!'

By Sarah Bull

Last updated at 3:04 PM on 21st February 2012

She caused controversy when she announced her engagement to boyfriend Craig at the age of just 18.

But in a new interview Cher Lloyd says that considering her upbringing, if it hadn't been for The X Factor, she'd be married by now.

The outspoken teenager added to heat magazine that she's certainly not your 'average celebrity'.

'I'm not your average celebrity': Cher Lloyd told heat magazine that if it hadn't been for the X Factor, she'd be married by now

'I'm not your average celebrity': Cher Lloyd told heat magazine that if it hadn't been for the X Factor, she'd be married by now

Talking about the engagement, Cher told the publication: 'People are negative no matter what you do. People are always going to say, "She's too young!"

'I'm from a Gypsy background! I'm meant to be married by now. But Im happy, really happy. I love him to pieces, more than anything in the world, but I dont want people to take that away from me.'

Cher added: 'Im 18 years old. I know Ive got my whole life ahead of me, but why not get hitched now?'

Romance: Cher with her fianc Craig Monk earlier this month. The teenager insisted there is nothing wrong with tying the knot at a young age

Romance: Cher with her fianc Craig Monk earlier this month. The teenager insisted there is nothing wrong with tying the knot at a young age

Cher, who has forged a hugely successful solo career for herself since leaving The X Factor, also spoke about her time on the ITV talent show, admitting that she h! ad been less than friendly at point.

She said: 'I was very stubborn back then. I put up a guard and I didnt want anyone to come near me. I was overwhelmed by the amount of people who showed interest in me. So I was a b***h, a real b***h. Knowing what I know now, I wouldve dealt with situations a lot more calmer.

The full interview appears in this week's heat magazine, out now

The full interview appears in this week's heat magazine, out now

'I was just so angry and frustrated that people had taken my life off of me, even though I had gone on the show.

'I went through absolute stress and mayhem. I couldnt go out, because people were constantly on my back all the time.

'I just felt like I was doing something I loved, but there was another part of it that I absolutely hated.'

When Cher was asked if she could understand why she earned herself a reputation, she replied: 'Yeah, absolutely. But then you couldnt doubt the fact that I was a singer and every week I did my very best and I kicked arse as much as I possibly could.

'I think if I went on this year I would smash it. Id be so much more prepared. Sometimes I want to shout at people I dont want to crush anyones dreams, but if youre going to go on a show like that, be prepared for a very bumpy ride.'

The full interview with Cher appears in this week's heat magazine, out now.


Comments