Cher Lloyd steps out in floral jeans as she continues to tackle cyber bullying

By Alanah Eriksen

Last updated at 12:43 PM on 8th February 2012

She was talking about a very serious subject, but Cher Lloyd added a bit of cheer with her clothing.

The X Factor star was spotted leaving the Radio 1 studios in London last night after an interview about cyber bulling.

She sported a pair of pink and purple floral jeans which she paired with an oversized black jacket with fur trim.

Bright pins: Singer Cher Lloyd was pictured leaving the BBC Radio 1 studios last night in a pair of floral jeans after talking about cyber-bullying

Bright pins: Singer Cher Lloyd was pictured leaving the BBC Radio 1 studios last night in a pair of Own The Runway floral jeans after talking about cyber-bullying

She added a grey zip-up jumper and brightly-coloured trainers to complete the ensemble.

Her hairdresser fianc Craig Monk was by her side as she tackled internet trolls.

The 18-year-old has this week been lifting the lid on cruel and relentless internet bullying largely carried out via Facebook and Twitter.

Her work coincides with yesterday's Safer Internet Day, following a study by charity Beatbullying which found one in 13 children experience regular bullying on social network sites.

She revealed that she was branded a 'dirty pikey' at least 10 times a day on social networking sites and the twisted tormentors have also attacked her mother Diane, due to her Romany heritage.

Cher told Radio 1 last night: 'I felt like I didn't fit in and I wasn't what everyone wanted. I wasn't the perfect popstar that people wanted me to be and it made me feel really, really lonely.

Outspoken: The 18-year-old has this week been lifting the lid on cruel and relentless internet bullying

'Me as a person, when I was going through that certain time, when I was getting all this online abuse, I became completely cut-off from everything. I didn't want to go out of the house , I didn't want to speak to anyone. i didn't want to do anything just in case something really bad happened to me. And I think that was probably a really hard time for me.

'I always tend to fear for my safety. You never know what's going to happen and it would be nice to get a bit of trust back, to know that people aren't going to try and hurt me.

But she said she needed to speak out about it to let other victims know they weren't alone.

'I was sick of crying. I was sick of sitting there any thinking "I hate what I'm doing. I hate that I've gone on a show, and now everyone knows me. I'm public property and now there's nothing I can do, it's my problem, I've got to deal with it. And then I realised that i don't have to deal with it on my own.

Support: Cher Lloyd was joined by her hairdresser fianc Craig Monk

Support: Cher Lloyd was joined by her hairdresser fianc Craig Monk

'The message that I've got to people is: I've always tried to act the hard person and that was just a front foe me. And I think it's about time now that I let people realise that I'm a real person and if I can do it, with all these people that want a piece of me, then they can speak out as well.'

Earlier, Cher told BBC's Panorama documentary that she frequently cries herself to sleep.

Cher explained that the problem started when she began accepting random fans as! 'friend s'.

She said: 'My Facebook page exceeded the amount of friends you could have. It was excitement for me, so I just kept clicking 'confirm' as I couldn't believe how many people wanted to be my friend.'

But things soon turned sour, with the Malvern teenager adding: 'I must get at least ten tweets a day saying I'm a dirty pikey. I think they know it's going to get to me, or because they know they can.

Pain: Earlier, Cher told BBC's Panorama documentary that she frequently cries herself to sleep

Pain: Earlier, Cher told BBC's Panorama documentary that she frequently cries herself to sleep

'There have been many times when I've cried myself to sleep. I'm very scared because I like to think people think I'm strong, because if they don't, then they might not think I can do it... Some days I wish that people would leave me alone for a bit and for there to be a hole to suck me in.'

It was revealed today that Loose Women star Denise Welch had called police after being tormented online following the breakdown of her 20-year marriage to Tim Healy.

The tormentor went so far they urged her to 'slit her wrists' and dubbed her a 'w**re pig'.

Scandalous Celebrity Big Brother star Natasha Giggs, 29, has also been in the firing line from cyber bullies follow her eight-year affair with brother-in-law Ryan, along with Xtra Factor host Caroline Flack, 32, who had a fling with One Direction teenage heartthrob Harry Styles, 18.

Emma-Jane Cross, chief executive of Beatbullying, said: 'Cyber-bullying continues to be a dangerous problem for young people and we must not ignore its complex and often devastating effects.'


Comments