Cher Lloyd Admits She Put 'Her Foot In It' About Cheryl Cole Claims

Cher Lloyd Admits She Put 'Her Foot In It' About Cheryl Cole Claims

Former X Factor finalist Cher Lloyd has admitted that she "put her foot in it" about the claims she made about her former mentor Cheryl Cole.

Having been mentored by Cheryl Cole during her time in the competition in 2010, the 'Swagger Jagger', claimed, in a recent radio interview, that she would only duet with Cheryl if she sung live, hinting that the star was dependent on auto tune.

Hitting back at the claims made against her, Cheryl tweeted last week: "Be Careful who you kick on your way up .. They kick you twice as hard on your way back down.. #unappreciationisugly"

Following her public apology on Daybreak last week, Cher admitted to Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby on ITV1's This Morning, that she was wrong to say what she did.

Cher Lloyd Admits She Put 'Her Foot In It' About Cheryl Cole Claims

Confessing that she put her "foot in it", the star said: "I think I get too comfortable with just being myself. I forget that people are watching me.

"I think I really did put my foot in it and now I've realised that what I said was wrong, obviously, and I said sorry. And I think it got fully taken out of context, but I think I understand now that you need to be on form and be aware of what you're saying all the time."

Asked if she was surprised by Cheryl's response on Twitter, Cher replied: "No, I'm not too surprised, but it is what it is."

She added: "I do o! we her. But how I see it is the X Factor was a great platform for me and she really did help me and I'm very grateful. You know, I wouldn't say that I wasn't grateful for what she had given me the opportunity that she had given me, putting me through and things like that but I feel like from here, it's down to me to do as best as I possibly can."

What do you think?

Cher was close to turning into Cheryl!

Beyonce, JayZ & Blue Ivy Carter Spoofed On 'Saturday Night Live'Jordin Sparks Breaks Silence On Whitney Houston DeathHarry Styles Linked To Model Georgia May Jagger

Comments