Cher Lloyd says she is lucky to be alive after cyber-bullying

The singer suffered so much during her time on the X Factor that she is surprised to be alive. Cher Lloyd

The singer suffered so much during her time on the X Factor that she is surprised to be alive.

Cher Lloyd has revealed that during her time on the X Factor, online bullying almost drove her to take drastic measures.

The singer told The Sun that she would frequently put a brave face on the trauma she was facing every day, which led to many people misunderstanding who she actual is.

She told the tabloid, "It's a miracle I'm still alive - I've been driven to hell and back. The worst thing I've suffered was when Ireceived a death threat against my mum. It was her birthday and she was destroyed. She was a total wreck. I was so angry - say what you want about me, but don't upset her.

"I think these people need help. To do that to someone, there's got to be something wrong with you. It sounds strange but I feel sorry for them. Maybe they've got a troublesome life, to feel the need to pick into other people's.

"When I was onThe X Factor, because of my insecurities, I put on a front and I was this big, hard, cocky wannabe. But I'm nothing like that in real life. I'm quite scared of what people say about me or do to me."

The singer has campaigned for more to be done about bullying online, even calling for the government to step in and help. She also appears on BBC1s Panarama episode about cyber-bullying, which airs on the 6th February.


Comments