Cher Lloyd on cyberbullies: 'I cried myself to sleep' - video

Cher Lloyd has again spoken out against cyberbullies.

The former X Factor finalist told the BBC's Panorama: Hunting the Internet Bullies that she has cried herself to sleep many times.

Lloyd told the programme that she has been the victim of bullying on social networking sites and been subject to racist abuse and physical threats.

The singer previously claimed to have "been driven to hell and back" by taunts on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.

"When I was on The X Factor, because of my insecurities, I put on a front and I was this big, hard, cocky wannabe," she said. "But I'm nothing like that in real life. I'm quite scared of what people say about me or do to me."

Lloyd has previously called on the government to "help young people tackle the issue" of bullies on Twitter.

She has also described the internet as "an evil thing", adding that "it's full of keyboard warriors with a licence to hate".


Comments