Cher Lloyd: 'There's not enough of me out there yet'

Cher Lloyd leaving Radio 1 studios. London

Cher Lloyd has said that she wants to put her stamp on the UK before releasing music in America.

The singer, who is working on her second album with X Factor USA judge LA Reid, explained that she wants to get "stuck in people's heads" before releasing music internationally.

Lloyd told Digital Spy: "Even though I'm drained right now, I'd do anything to get as many music videos out there as possible.

"It feels like there's not enough of me out there yet - I want there to be more and more and more. I want to be stuck in people's heads so they can't get rid of me."

Lloyd also revealed that she has been in meetings about releasing an album in America, adding: "I'm very involved in them! I don't sit back and let decisions be made for me.

"This is something that I want to be able to enjoy - it's not a competition to see who can crack America first. I'm still in the phase where I'm putting my stamp on the UK. I want more people to be a Cher fan here before I head over there."

Lloyd recently admitted that her new songs will contain more swearing.

> Read Digital Spy's full interview with Cher Lloyd
> Cher Lloyd: "It's a miracle I'm still alive"

Watch the music video for Lloyd's new single ! 'Want U Back', which is released on February 19, below:


Comments