Cher Lloyd: "It's a miracle I'm still alive"

Cher Lloyd has admitted that cyber bullies made her life hell during her time on The X Factor.

The 'Swagger Jagger' singer admitted that she often put on a hard front to deflect Twitter, Facebook and YouTube jibes, meaning she became misunderstood by the public.

"It's a miracle I'm still alive - I've been driven to hell and back. The worst thing I've suffered was when I received a death threat against my mum. It was her birthday and she was destroyed. She was a total wreck. I was so angry - say what you want about me, but don't upset her," Lloyd told The Sun.

Cher Lloyd: 'Want U Back' video still

"I think these people need help. To do that to someone, there's got to be something wrong with you. It sounds strange but I feel sorry for them. Maybe they've got a troublesome life, to feel the need to pick into other people's.

"When I was on The X Factor, because of my insecurities, I put on a front and I was this big, hard, cocky wannabe. But I'm nothing like that in real life. I'm quite scared of what people say about me or do to me."

Lloyd has previously called for the government to do more to tackle online bullying.

She continued: "It really frustrates me when people say, 'Just ignore it'. How am I meant to ignore it? I'm a teenage girl. I didn't want to talk to anyone, I wanted people to leave me alone. I ! put on t his hard person. And it meant I came across so badly. I'm gutted about it."

Lloyd is now campaigning against internet bullying and has contributed to BBC One's Panorama programme called 'Hunting The Online Bullies', which airs on Monday (February 6) at 8.30pm.

Watch Cher Lloyd's video for 'Want U Back' featuring Astro below:

> Cher Lloyd: 'Internet bullies are evil cowards'
> Cher Lloyd tells 'X Factor' Little Mix to ignore online taunts
> Cher Lloyd 'bullied as a traveller'


Comments