Cher Lloyd: 'Not winning X Factor was a blessing'

Cher Lloyd has said that she is glad about not winning The X Factor.

The 'Want U Back' singer, who finished fourth in the 2010 series of the ITV talent show, believes that her work would have lacked creativity if she had the pressure of a Winners' Song.

She told Fabulous magazine: "It's a blessing that I didn't win. I mean, a girl like me was never going to win anyway, but I'm glad I came fourth because otherwise I wouldn't be doing all this now.

Cher Lloyd leaving Radio 1 studios. London

"I don't have no-one holding me back. No-one ever will. I'm allowed to do whatever I want creatively. I might have come from a reality TV show, but I'm not a puppet and I won't be treated like one. You can't put me in a box. If you're going to be somebody, do it your way."

Meanwhile, admitting to rumours that she behaved badly during her time as an X Factor contestant, she said: "Everyone hated me. I was young and foolish. Part of me was trying to show I was strong enough to do it, and then I think it all got too much for me.

"But I was angry at the way I was being edited. And because I was getting really angry with it, I turned into someone that I don't even know. I turned into this horrible, horrible person with a terrible attitude. Part of me thought, 'Maybe that's how I have to behave to make it."

However, she added: "I've definitely changed a lot. I know how to deal with certain situations now, and I've learned to compromise. If there's something I'm not happy with, I say so, but in the right way. Nothing! 's so ba d that it's the end of the world.

"I've also learned now that people aren't always going to like you. That's just everyday life. I wish I'd known then what I do now and been more carefree. I could have had a good time and not let everything get to me.

"But anyway, once I was out of the competition, I was free. I had nobody to hold me back, nobody to ask questions, no cameras in my face."

> Cher Lloyd interview: 'LA Reid loves scrambled eggs'

Watch Cher Lloyd in the video of 'Want U Back' featuring Astro below:


Comments