Cher Lloyd says Cheryl Cole dig 'Just a little joke'

We were cringing behind our desks when outspoken popstress Cher Lloyd hit out at Cheryl Cole in a radio interview this week. However, after a not-so cryptical tweet from Cheryl made the singer look a little bit silly, she has since apologised for the dig.

After Cher questioned Cheryl's ability to sing live, Cheryl tweeted back in defense, leading the former X Factor contestant to feel the need to apologise on Daybreak this morning. The Want U Back singer says,

"Basically I said something on radio which I shouldn't have said...It wasn't intended to sound as bad as it did...All I was saying is that I would love to perform with her live and then I made a little joke... I think it just got a bit blown out of proportion, so i just want to say sorry if she found that offensive." Cher continued by establishing how grateful she is for Cheryl's help, saying,

"At the end of the day she was the person who got me to where I am today, so if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be sat here...(Age) is not an excuse, I still should be on top of it. I'm aware that I'm in the public eye now so word vomit is not good."

Cher was asked in a recent radio nterview whether she'd ever perform with her former mentor, to which the cheeky singer replied, "Maybe if she sings live with me!". After being asked whether she thought singing live would be difficult for the former Girls Aloud member, Cher continued her tyrade, saying,

"Well it is nowadays, when you haven't got the nifty little button to press!" Ouch.

Cheryl then hit back with a rather clear tweet to her former junior, tweeting,

'Be careful who you kick on your way up...They kick you twice as hard on your way back down...#unappreciationisugly'

The tension between Cher and Cheryl has been building up over past m! onths, w ith Cher openly admitting that the two didn't keep in touch after Cheryl helped her reach fourth place in the 2010 series of the X Factor. The former mentor has been over in the US working on her new album with stars like Taio Cruz, while Cher works on her material here in the UK.

What do you Heatworld citizens think of Cher's apology? Or do you think she was right to question Cheryl's ability to sing live?


Comments