Cher Lloyd: "I'm Meant To Be Married By Now!"

15:31, Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Cher Lloyd has hit back at those who have criticised her engagement to boyfriend Craig Monk, stating if she hadn't of appeared on The X Factor she would be married by now.

Poking fun at her Gypsy roots, the 18-year old has insisted she doesn't care if people think she's too young to tie the knot, telling Heat magazine: "People are negative no matter what you do.

"People are always going to say 'She's too young!' It's just a constant criticising. I'm from a Gypsy background! I'm meant to be married by now. I'm 18 years old. I know I've got my whole life ahead of me, but why not get hitched now?

"I'm happy, really happy. I love him to pieces, more than anything in the world, but I don't want people to take that away from me."

Last week, Cher locked horns with her former X Factor mentor Cheryl Cole after criticising her singing abilities during a radio interview - resulting in the Swagger Jagger star issuing Chezza an apology live on TV.

Lloyd has since admitted that during her time on the talent show she was difficult to deal with, revealing to Heat: "I was a b*tch, a real b*tch. Knowing what I know now, I would've dealt with situations a lot more calmer.

"I was j! ust so a ngry and frustrated that people had taken my life off of me, even though I had gone on the show. I went through absolute stress and mayhem. I couldn't go out, because people were constantly on my back all the time.

"I just felt like I was doing something I loved, but there was another part of it that I absolutely hated."

The Want U Back singer added: "I think if I went on this year I would smash it. I'd be so much more prepared. I don't want to crush anyone's dreams, but if you're going to go on a show like that, be prepared for a very bumpy ride."

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311


Comments