Cher Lloyd on bullying: Its a miracle Im still alive

Yikes! Cher Lloyd has revealed that shes lucky to still be alive after cyber bullies issued death threats against her and her mum while she was on The X Factor.

According to the Want U Back singer, she was forced to put on a hard front to get through the horrible comments and threats made on sites such as Twitter and Facebook mainly because she wanted to protect her mum from getting upset.

Speaking of the experience, Cher told The Sun, It's a miracle I'm still alive - I've been driven to hell and back. The worst thing I've suffered was when I received a death threat against my mum. It was her birthday and she was destroyed. She was a total wreck. I was so angry - say what you want about me, but don't upset her.

The nasty messages and tweets have led Cher to campaign against internet bullying and she has helped out BBC Ones Panorama on a show they will beairing on Monday called, Hunting The Online Bullies. The star has even called fora government campaign against online bullying.

She says, I think these people need help. To do that to someone, there's got to be something wrong with you. It sounds strange but I feel sorry for them. Maybe they've got a troublesome life, to feel the need to pick into other people's. When I was on The X Factor, because of my insecurities, I put on a front and I was this big, hard, cocky wannabe. But I'm nothing like that in real life. I'm quite scared of what people say about me or do to me."

Crikey, this sounds pretty horrendous! Good on you f! or raisi ng awareness Ms Lloyd!

Panorama: Hunting The Online Bullies, BBC1, Monday, 8.30pm


Comments