Cher - Cher's Tears Over Dancing Result

Cher broke down in tears on Tuesday (25Oct11) after her son Chaz Bono was voted off U.S. TV show Dancing With The Stars.

The transgender star and his professional partner Lacey Schwimmer were kicked off the contest after ending up at the bottom of the leaderboard for their Phantom of the Opera-inspired tango.

Bono took the result in his stride as he cited "struggling" youngsters as his inspiration for joining the show.

He said, "I took so much away from this. This was an amazing journey that really pushed me and showed me that I could do so much more than I ever thought I could. I came on this show because I wanted to show America a different kind of man. I dedicate everything I did to all the people out there like me, especially the kids and teens who are struggling. You can have a wonderful, great life and be successful and happy."

But Bono's superstar mum was not pleased with the final comments made by the panel, accusing the male judges of being rude to her son in a rant on her Twitter.com page.

In a series of posts, Cher wrote, "Thank u (female panelist) Carrie Ann 4 your gentility, u r (you are) beautiful inside & out! To the gentleman? I didn't know who u (sic) were before, which I guess is a blessing! Going home is fine, but why insult him before he goes! Maybe rudeness & flapping arms take the place of talent!

"I have got 2 (to) hold my temper! My tears R (are) OK! Congratulations Chaz I'm so proud of U (sic)! This was your quest... & u (sic) followed your star."


Comments