Cher Lloyd Says She's A Rebel, Not A Diva

14:08, Monday, 24 October 2011

Cher Lloyd has admitted that she's rebellious, but would not class herself as a divayet!

The X Factor star, who is gearing up to release her second single With Ur Love, claims during her time on the talent show last year, she was unhappy taking a back-seat when it came to her image.

Speaking to The Mail On Sunday, Lloyd revealed: "I've always been my own person. People would have a hard job trying to mould me."

"Even on The X Factor, where they're picking your songs and outfits, and doing your hair and make-up the way they want you to be seen, I was quite rebellious. I'd say no, I don't want to look like that."

She continued: "I had to give in a little bit - if I'd had my way, I'd have been rapping a Lil Wayne track every week. But I've always had this strength of mind. Because, the way I see it, if I'm not myself, what's the point in doing it?"

The Swagger Jagger singer added: "I'm grateful, but I can be trouble, I'm only a diva in that I stand up for myself. I'm an odd child, I've always felt like a freak. Sometimes I don't even feel like I'm a human, you know?"

Cher previously told MTV.co.uk that she blames herself for the press interest in her private life, as by going on The X Factor, she chose to put herself in the showbiz spotlight.

Watch MTV News on the hour every hour on MTV - Sky Channel 126 and Virgin Channel 311


Comments