Cher Lloyd: 'I'm a rebel, not a diva'

Cher Lloyd

Cher Lloyd has confessed that she enjoys being "rebellious".

The 'With Ur Love' singer explained that she was unhappy to relinquish creative control of herself during last year's series of The X Factor.

"I've always been my own person," she told The Mail On Sunday. "People would have a hard job trying to mould me. Even on The X Factor, where they're picking your songs and outfits, and doing your hair and make-up the way they want you to be seen, I was quite rebellious. I'd say no, I don't want to look like that.

"I had to give in a little bit - if I'd had my way, I'd have been rapping a Lil Wayne track every week. But I've always had this strength of mind. Because, the way I see it, if I'm not myself, what's the point in doing it?"

Despite agreeing that she could sometimes be "trouble", Lloyd brushed off accusations of diva-like behaviour and claimed that she still struggles to figure herself out.

"I'm grateful, but I can be trouble," she said. "I'm only a diva in that I stand up for myself. I'm an odd child, I've always felt like a freak. Sometimes I don't even feel like I'm a human, you know?"

> Cher Lloyd: 'Internet bullies are evil cowards'

Watch Cher Lloyd in the video for 'With Ur Love' below:


Comments