Cher Lloyd: 'X Factor is not the easy route into music industry'

Screenshot from Cher Lloyd's 'With ur love' video

Sony Music Entertainment UK Limited

Cher Lloyd has revealed that she hates it when other artists say The X Factor is an easy route into the music industry.

The singer insisted that the talent competition is hard work and involves handling fame instantly rather than getting to adjust to it gently.

Lloyd told Attitude magazine: "What annoys me is when you get other celebs saying that this is the easy route. Because it's not.

"It's the most nerve-wracking, and your whole life changes immediately."

Talking about her time on the show, the 18-year-old admitted that she would never compromise with its creative team over her song choice or styling and continues to reinforce the same attitude in her career.

She added: "I haven't done those things that people have told me to do. I haven't changed. The team I have, they know how to co-operate with me, that to make the best of what we've got is not to tell me, but to ask me."

Cher Lloyd's new single 'With Ur Love' will be available to download on October 30, while her debut album Sticks + Stones will follow a week later on November 7.

> Cher Lloyd: 'Government needs to stop Twitter bullies'

Watch the music video for Cher Lloyd's new single 'With Ur Love', which features Mike Posner, below:


Comments