Cher Lloyd: Im only a diva in that I stand up for myself

Feisty Cher Lloyd has addressed the on-going claims that shes a little bit of a diva insisting that shes more of rebel than anything, and admitting she likes to do things her own way.

Ive always been my own person, people would have a hard job trying to mould me. Even on The X Factor, where theyre picking your songs and outfits, and doing your hair and make-up the way they want you to be seen, I was quite rebellious. Says Cher in The Mail on Sunday.

Although the Swagger Jagger singerconcedes that when she was a contestant on The X Factor she sometimes had do what she was told, I had to give in a little bit if Id had my way, Id have been rapping a Lil Wayne track every week. But Ive always had this strength of mind. Because, the way I see it, if Im not myself, whats the point in doing it? Im only a diva in that I stand up for myself. You know what? Im an odd child, Ive always felt like a freak. Sometimes I dont even feel like Im a human, you know?

Were not sure how Cher managed to get from being a diva to not feeling like shes human in the space of one paragraph, but were sort of impressed and also a little confused.

Internet bullies

The 18-year-old singer who is adored and hated in a seemingly equal measure also revealed that she thinks her online haters are nothing but cowards,

The internets an evil thing, says Cher. Its full of keyboard warriors with a licence to hate, and I swear to God that if they came up and tried to say this stuff to my face, they wouldnt be able to get a word out. Theyre cowards.

Do agree with Cher on this?


Comments