Cher cries as Chaz performs on 'DWTS'

Cher cried beside other family members as she watched son Chaz Bono perform on 'DWTS.'

ABC

Cher cried beside other family members as she watched son Chaz Bono perform on 'DWTS.'

"Dancing with the Stars" got some serious star power on Monday night when Cher showed up to cheer on her son, Chaz Bono.

And the iconic singer really let her emotions show as she watched Bono and his partner Lacey Schwimmer paso doble to the "Rocky" theme.

"OMG! I WAS CRYING!" Cher tweeted after the performance, which earned Bono a 21 out of a possible 30.

The proud mother was cheering and clapping so much, she added that she even broke her bracelet.

SEE HOW OTHER "DWTS" CAST MEMBERS ARE FARING

Judge Carrie Ann Inaba joined in on the tears.

"I'm trying to figure out why I'm crying," she said. "It's like, I watch you and somehow you get under my skin and you make me root for you ... Your true courage and the way you get out there, I was like, 'Go! Go! Go!'"

Cher wasn't the only family member in attendance. Her mother Georgia, son Elijah Allman and Bono's stepmother, Mary Bono, were also all on hand to support Chaz.

"Thanks to everyone for the support," he tweeted after the show."I had an awesome time dancing the Rocky theme with @LaceySchwimmer and my whole family in the audience!"

Following the show, Cher chatted with her family and other "DWTS" cast members while posing for some pictures.

Comments